[time-nuts] Linux PPS clues?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Oct 20 08:01:36 UTC 2016

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 07:52:10 +0000
Ilia Platone <info at iliaplatone.com> wrote:

> I quickly read the gpsd howto and it explains what I want to do using
> kpps on a raspberry. From there I can see a typical accuracy of 1uS, but
> the informations of the live graphs page are precise down to the ns: are
> these averaged?
>
> What do you intend for granularity? Consider that I'm a newbie in
> frequency/time specific terms.

If you are still going for the synchronization of telescopes, then
you definitly don't want a rpi. Go for one of the more industrial
oriented boards (the original rpi is basically just a graphics card with
an attached arm processor as USB controller). Like the beaglebone,
or probably even better for the Vybrid based boards (Colibry family)
from Toradex (has less EMI noise than the BBB).

			Attila Kinali

--
Malek's Law:
        Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.