[time-nuts] FTS-1000A Oscillator - Oven mod

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Thu Oct 27 04:15:41 UTC 2016

I recently bought an unused FTS-1000A Oscillator.

My previous experience and Christopher Hoover's recent experience warned
me that with time and heat, the red rubber blanket that surrounds the
oven will bond the oven assembly to the Dewar flask. It occurred to me
that this is the perfect time to wrap something around the rubber
blanket to stop it from bonding to the Dewar. After thinking about it
for a while, the best idea I can come up with is a simple layer of
acid-free paper.  The temperature isn't high enough to bother the paper
and it shouldn't bond to the glass at all.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Ed

P.S.  I have opened the unit and the oven slid out of the Dewar with
very little coaxing, so it really does appear to be an unused unit.