[time-nuts] Temp/Humidity control systems?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Oct 27 15:12:01 UTC 2016

--------
In message <ba05e7bd-e12d-0106-bda8-3c24f7e3f993 at earthlink.net>, jimlux writes:

>Disadvantages:
>1) It leaks
>2) It grows stuff (even with additives to prevent it)

Antifreeze prevented that for me.

>3) you've increased the number of thermal transfers: refrigerator coils
>to air to water to air to contents of box.  Both of the air:water
>transfers are not particularly efficient in a "cobbled together in the
>garage" sort of scenario.

Right, it is not a viable method if you want to burn 100+W in your fridge.
I've made it work up to 50W with little trouble.

>However, for a time-cave - I think it would work great  - cheap
>airconditioner, large thermal mass buffer, well stirred air.

Absolutely.

But the problem in the basement setting is that the heat ends up
in your basement, which means the air can hold more moisture, which
you really do not want.