[time-nuts] Difference in manufacturing for fundamental tone, 3rd, and 5th overtone crystals

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Oct 27 22:42:18 UTC 2016

Moin,

I have stumbled over another question I am unable to answer using the
tools I have available: Is there any fundamental difference in manufacturing
fundamental and overtone chrystals. Or to be more precise: is there an
optimization process during manufacturing that makes a crystal more suited
for one of the harmonics than for the others or all crystals similarly
well suited to be used as an fundamental crystal as they are for the 3rd
or 5th overtone?

			Attila Kinali
--
Malek's Law:
        Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.