[time-nuts] Opening an Isotemp OCXO

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Fri Oct 28 16:42:02 UTC 2016

On 10/28/2016 9:09 AM, Peter Reilley wrote:
> The only document that I could find said 12 volt.
>
> Pete.
The 82 series came in a lot of flavors.  I have one 82-49 which is
definitely 12V ( draws 0.12A when warm and maybe 0.3 when cold) and has
a 5V pp square wave output at 10 MHz.  It also has a Vref output and an
EFC input.  What is odd about this one is that it came to me from a TRW
swap meet scrap dealer who bought stuff from Cubic Communications in San
Diego and it had a "Reject" tag from them. Probably because it was
supposed to be a 5 MHz unit as marked, so presumably had the wrong
crystal fitted by Isotemp.  Other versions of the 82 series (-10) were
fitted to Racal Receivers like the RA6790/GM.  Screw adjustment on the
side and 5 MHz output.

Are you sure yours shouldn't have a 5V supply on that output IC? Could
be why it died if there is an internal regulator that failed putting the
full supply voltage on the IC?

Dan