[time-nuts] Unexpected problem found

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Oct 29 02:15:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

On a related note, I remember when Pendulum was testing a rubidium and
it had more jitter than motivated by the integrated phase-noise slopes,
so they where curious about it. As I had just brought in my SIA3000 for
them to have fun with, I hooked it up and already in the oscilloscope
view I found small bumps spread out over the sine. Turned out to be the
100 MHz used for the rubidium lamp that polluted the output. You rarely
do a plot out to 90 MHz offset of the 10 MHz carrier on phase-noise
plots, you rather call it harmonics which wasn't listed.

Cheers,
Magnus