[time-nuts] WWV receivers?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 14:15:15 UTC 2016

Good thread. Thanks for the clue on the kiwiSDR. I went to the sites and
lots of fun playing with the receivers. As an example hearing LORAN C in
the Asia region.
Certainly seems the receiver is pretty sensitive and capable. Went hunting
for various low frequency timing signals such as JJY and the submarine
crusher signals. All were heard.
I agree with Bobs comments that the signal at WWV range can be all over the
place and though seasonal effects can be a somewhat accounted for the
reality is, its still pretty random. The changes can occur slowly or
rapidly.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL