[time-nuts] Anybody want a Thunderbolt power supply?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Sep 1 15:10:47 UTC 2016

Hi

The gotcha is that an OCXO acts as a negative resistance load (current goes up as voltage goes down).
That makes wiring up multiple units problematic. It is not impossible to do, but you can get in trouble. Putting
regulation at each device eliminates the problem. It may be overkill, but the interaction can be tough to spot so
it is generally a good idea.

Bob