[time-nuts] Anybody want a Thunderbolt power supply?

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Thu Sep 1 15:13:02 UTC 2016

Jim,

I use a HP 6236B triple power supply to drive 2 each T'Bolts. Works fine
after the T'Bolts warm up, with limitations on a cold start up.

But once they warm up all is OK.

Using a common outside puck antenna and a HP RF distribution block I can
run 3 T'Bolts and get essentially the same results.

#1 T'Bolt is on a HP 6235A DC PS and #2 and #3 are on the 6236B. #1 has
been on for years.

I am planning to box up and use a  Mean Well SMPS common power supply
that will handle the load current of 3 T'Bolts starting cold.

Adding a few digital panel meters to measure individual load currents
and voltages.

Stan, W1LE   Cape Cod