[time-nuts] Hobbyist grade or homebrew temperature testing chamber?

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Tue Sep 6 02:48:14 UTC 2016

As we all know, step #1 in making a clock is NOT
to build a thermometer :-)

I thought I would check the brain trust here to see
if anyone has seen a hobbyist grade temperature
testing chamber or kit or homebrew design.  I
have some crystals, oscillators, and other
electronics I would like to characterize over
temperature.  I know this reflector has discussed
homebrew stabilization ovens; however, they
have tended to have very long time constants
(which makes sense for that application).  I
need to be able to change temperature in a
reasonable amount of time, and I don't need
extreme stability.  Looking for any ideas,
maybe in the "maker" spirit.  I think the
size I need would be perhaps 1/2 the size
of a shoebox.

BTW, in case someone has a chamber to sell,
let me know...

Rick Karlquist N6RK