[time-nuts] Z3801A gps week rollover

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Sep 9 04:01:36 UTC 2016

holrum at hotmail.com said:
> Happy until the next power glitch...  the setting does not seem to persist
> between boots.   There may also be other conditions that causes it to forget
> your date.

I just power cycled mine.  It came back correct without setting the date.

I've assumed there is a tiny battery on the GPS board and that it is very old
by now so it may not last very long.

The first try was only a few seconds.  I tried again, waiting longer.  Maybe
a minute but I didn't time it.  It worked again.

-----

There seem to be two internal versions of time.  I have a hack that asks for
the time, then displays a status page, the sleeps for a while in a loop.  The
T2 time is different from the status page time.  It also looks like the
status page time is a second or two behind.

#  T22016090900002893+0143
>> Power-up: GPS acquisition                  Holdover Uncertainty
Tracking: 0        Not Tracking: 6            UTC      11:59:56 [?] 01 Jan
2007

#  T22016090900005893+0146
>> Power-up: GPS acquisition                  Holdover Uncertainty
Tracking: 0        Not Tracking: 6            UTC      12:00:09 [?] 01 Jan
2007

#  T22016090900012893+0144
>> Power-up: GPS acquisition                  Holdover Uncertainty
Tracking: 0        Not Tracking: 6            UTC      12:00:39 [?] 01 Jan
2007

#  T22016090900015893+0147
>> Power-up: GPS acquisition                  Holdover Uncertainty
Tracking: 0        Not Tracking: 6            UTC      12:01:09 [?] 01 Jan
2007

#  T22016090900022893+0145
>> Power-up: GPS acquisition                  Holdover Uncertainty
Tracking: 1        Not Tracking: 7            UTC      03:28:35 [?] 09 Sep
2016

#  T22016090900025893+0148
>> Power-up: coarse freq adj [TI -95.91 ms]   Holdover Uncertainty
Tracking: 2        Not Tracking: 6            UTC      03:29:04 [?] 09 Sep
2016

#  T22016090900032763+0142
>> Power-up: fine freq adj   [TI +101.0 ns]   Holdover Uncertainty
Tracking: 3        Not Tracking: 5            UTC      03:29:34 [?] 09 Sep
2016

#  T22016090900035763+0145
>> Power-up: phase alignment [TI +128.0 ns]   Holdover Uncertainty
Tracking: 4        Not Tracking: 4            UTC      03:30:04 [?] 09 Sep
2016

#  T22016090903303241+003C
>> Locked to GPS: stabilizing frequency       TFOM     4             FFOM
1
Tracking: 4        Not Tracking: 4            UTC      03:30:31     09 Sep
2016

#  T22016090903310241+003A
>> Locked to GPS: stabilizing frequency       TFOM     4             FFOM
1
Tracking: 3        Not Tracking: 5            UTC      03:31:01     09 Sep
2016

#  T22016090903313241+003D
>> Locked to GPS: stabilizing frequency       TFOM     4             FFOM
1
Tracking: 3        Not Tracking: 6            UTC      03:31:31     09 Sep
2016

#  T22016090903320241+003B
>> Locked to GPS: stabilizing frequency       TFOM     4             FFOM
1
Tracking: 3        Not Tracking: 6            UTC      03:32:01     09 Sep
2016

#  T22016090903323241+003E
>> Locked to GPS: stabilizing frequency       TFOM     4             FFOM
1
Tracking: 3        Not Tracking: 6            UTC      03:32:31     09 Sep
2016

#  T22016090903330231+003B
>> Locked to GPS: stabilizing frequency       TFOM     3             FFOM
1
Tracking: 3        Not Tracking: 6            UTC      03:33:01     09 Sep
2016

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.