[time-nuts] Jim Miller simple GPSDO

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:07:51 UTC 2016

There are special "wide-pull-range" VCXO's where a 10MHz unit will indeed
have sensitivity of 600Hz/V or more. e.g.
http://www5.epsondevice.com/en/products/vcxo_standard/vg4231ca.html

I don't know exactly what Epson does inside that particular unit, but a
trick to get wide pull range with discrete circuits is to put two or more
crystals in parallel.

Tim N3QE