[time-nuts] Faulty Tbolt?

Cube Central cubecentral at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:29:01 UTC 2016

Hi all, long time lurker, novice time-nut.
I've had this Tbolt for a while now, and while it appears to be operating normally, I thought that I would ask about the "Temp" or temperature field that is being reported in both TBOLTMON and Lady Heather's.

You can see here:  http://i.imgur.com/ZdZzJGB.png is a screenshot from Lady Heather's and it is showing -55C.  TBOLTMON shows the same, so it isn't something with either program.

Any ideas about what this could be or what it could mean?  Is it affecting how the Tbolt is operating?  Is there any way to fix this (keeping in mind I am a novice)?

I got it off of eBay, from a recommendation of a friend.  I think it has always done this, but there is the possibility that it started to do it after my outdoor antenna got a bunch of water in it (while upside down, the mount failed) and thus shorted the antenna for a small period of time.  It seemed to recover from that (once dry), but I really couldn't tell you when this temperature measurement looked that way - if after that incident or ever since I've owned it.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  If there are any (basic) tests that you would like performed, I am willing to try!

Thanks again!  Cheers!

	-Randal
		(at CubeCentral)