[time-nuts] A new take on the all-hardware GPSDO concept

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Fri Sep 16 22:57:36 UTC 2016

Hi Lars.   I own a G3RUH (Miller) GPSDO.

From what I can recall....  While testing mine with  my collection of HP5370B's and my assortment of references the performance of mine while locked was generally comparable to the one in the link you provided.   I never tested it "un locked."

I couldn't measure phase noise and the performance of my test setup at taus of less than 100 seconds or so was probably a limitation as well.   My references (BVA OCXO, PRS10 rb and a cherry picked Z3805 GPSDO) probably weren't really good enough either.

It is a nice unit that I have currently loaned out to a local amateur radio operator.   Acquiring it lead to me spending a sizeable amount of time and money on time nuts pursuits over the years.

Sent from my iPhone