[time-nuts] Thunderbolt spurs on 10MHz output at 100Hz and 200Hz from signal.

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Sep 18 10:56:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 09/18/2016 12:26 PM, David C. Partridge wrote:
> The local power is 50Hz, so I can understand the 100Hz spurs, but I don't
> quite "get" where the 200Hz spurs are coming from.  Or is that just BAU
> harmonics?

Consider full-wave rectification of 50 Hz, the power consumption load on
the capacitor after the rectifier creates an inverse sawtooth wave of
100 Hz, and sawtooth waveshape have both even and odd harmonics.

While much of this is regulated out in the next step, some of it makes
it though.

Cheers,
Magnus