[time-nuts] Inside of FT1200-100

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Mon Sep 26 03:00:27 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:05 PM, Ed Palmer <ed_palmer at sasktel.net> wrote:

> You might be able to slide something like a feeler guage down between the
> oven and the rubber blanket to break the oscillator free.  The oven on mine
> is a plain metal cylinder.  This way, the rubber sheet should protect the
> Dewar from your feeler guage.  On mine, the mounting bolts for the 2N3792
> transistor both have ground lugs.  I think I see them on yours.  You could
> hook something through the ground lugs and use that to pull the oscillator
> out of the rubber sheet and then remove the sheet later.

Thanks Ed,

I think the rubber sheet on mine is against metal.  I haven't yet seen the
glass dewar.

The adhesion is huge.

Do you know if the holes opposite the 2N3792 are threaded?   If they are, I
might try running the screws out and using those holes with longer screws
as my pull points.    I can't pull on the lugs hard enough -- I've tried.

-christopher.
73 de AI6KG