[time-nuts] Normal operating specs of a Morion MV89?

Tim Lister listertim at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:39:17 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 4:14 AM, Bob Camp <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> You have one of the many MV89A’s with an output problem. To be absolutely
> sure of the output, you need to have the scope set to 50 ohm input. If it was set
> to Hi-Z, the output is likely even lower…..

It seems that the scope is 1 MOhm input impedance and is not
changeable. I will have to see if we have any 50 Ohm in-line
terminators around that I can also borrow. Does anyone think that
there is any value in trying to pursue a return and replacement with
the ebay seller (being China, it's likely to be a long round-trip time
for both messages and parcels) or just live with it and move on
(potentially replacing the capacitor later if I get some way of
getting the casing open safely). From what Bob and others have said,
it seems that most of the MV89's have this problem so it seems
unlikely I would get a better one without a lot of trials.

Tim