[time-nuts] TU30 jump second

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Apr 4 12:18:34 UTC 2017

Hi

Welcome to the ever growing list of people with buggy GPS modules. One thing that makes
this stuff tough to track down is the firmware. A lot of these parts went out with various revs
of the standard firmware. Some of them went out with specific customized versions of the
firmware. Since most of the trouble looks like code errors, mine (with version 6.5.4.3.2.1a2)
may be fine and yours (with version 6.5.4.3.2.1a2a) may be horrid.

While it is tempting to find “new” firmware and blast away, that may not be the best approach.
Some of these modules went through minor hardware changes over the years. The stuff with
custom firmware often pukes in odd ways when standard firmware is loaded. Getting back to the
“original” firmware in your part after re-flashing is rarely possible ….

Bob