[time-nuts] USB protocol for digital logic events, measurement

George McCollister george.mccollister at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 23:47:57 UTC 2017

Can anyone recommend a self describing, device/vendor independent USB
protocol standard for transferring digital logic events timestamped
relative to 1pps as well as voltage and current measurements and
digital output controls (latched or pulse)? So far SCPI over USBTMC
seems to be the closest thing I can find though it certainly isn't a
perfect fit. I'm trying not to invent something new (though it's
tempting). I'd like to hook it into the Linux IIO subsystem though
digital logic events aren't supported.

Thanks,
George