[time-nuts] Line Frequeny Stablity

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Apr 6 01:35:39 UTC 2017

Hi

Well ok, the rest of the story ….

The process of watching the line voltage slip lead me to buy my first “frequency counter”.
It was a 1950’s vintage tube based Beckman “EPUT Meter”. I doubt it cost me over $40 at
the time. It was well used but still functional   It clocked away on a  massive  MHz time base
(that’s singular not plural) and turned out to be plenty good enough to show jitter
on a 60 Hz sine wave. That got me into questions about why and stability and …. here I am
decades later.

Bob