[time-nuts] Re. DIY atomic "resonator"

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 13:23:44 UTC 2017

Andre
Now I know your location. So your questions make more sense to me.
With respect to home brewing atomic standards. There have been numerous
threads on time-nuts around this.
The fact is technology has obsoleted so many technologies that things like
Rb references can be had far cheaper used then home brewed. Or GPSDOs very
cheap and there is almost always a way to sneak an antenna outside. Just
have to work at it. (Been there, done that)
H masers are even more complex and again search time-nuts for details.There
have been really good threads on rebuilding used H Masers. Wow complicated!

So all of my comments are useful but the real question is what do you want
to accomplish? A good reference for your SDR. Build an atomic standard for
fun. Nothing wrong with any of these. But useful to understand your goal.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL