[time-nuts] GPS M code (was: Sinlge ADC multi-band receiver)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Apr 11 15:21:12 UTC 2017

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 16:49:24 -0700
jimlux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The M-code is described in a fair amount of detail here:
> www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA456656

Not really. All it says that it's a BOC(10,5) signal using some
code that allows direct aquisition. It doesn't even mention what
the rate of the data on the new signal is. From [1] one can see
that the modulation is a BOC_sin (and not a BOC_cos). And that
is all I could find out about the M code so far.

Unfortunately, all the other papers concerning the M code are
behind the ION paywal, to which I do not have access.
But guessing what else I have seen on the M code, I do not think
they contain much technical detail on the spreading code itself
or the data transmitted or the encryption.

				Attila Kinali

[1] "Design and Performance of Code Tracking for the GPS M Code Signal"
by John Betz, 2000
http://www.dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ADA460257

use without that foundation.