[time-nuts] a link to a explanation of Rb vs Cs?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 11 14:30:38 UTC 2017

I'm looking for a link to point to an explanation (at a basic level) of
the difference between Rb and Cs references, and what the tradeoffs are.
I googled a bit, but all I got were some explanations of the differences
in things like vapor pressure, etc.

Wikipedia  (Atomic_clock) has some nice words, but no block diagram of
the innards, which would be nice.

And there's plenty of charts showing the relative performance of Rb and
Cs, but not with any accompanying explanation of why.

I'm looking for something a bit more detailed, but not a 20 page
tutorial on atomic clocks.

Maybe someone has seen something on a manufacturer website or something?