[time-nuts] Mini-circuits ZFSC-8-1 a a reference distribution

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Apr 13 02:43:32 UTC 2017

Hi

A lot depends on what you are trying to do. The disadvantage of power splitters is isolation. A dirt cheap
logic IC based distribution amp will easily beat them in this regard. That said, the splitters are quite easy to find
and hook up.They also are pretty much indestructible (at least I’ve never seen one that was broken).

Be careful of the 10 MHz output on the Lucent boxes. It is *really* dirty, that’s in terms of phase noise, harmonics,
spurs, and ADEV.

Bob