[time-nuts] Three-cornered hat on timelab?

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Thu Apr 13 23:16:25 UTC 2017

Hi John,
I had a chance to think about this some more after I pressed the send key.  The ionospheric effects are certainly going to be different if the distance in time between tests is large.  And, of course, there is the fact that the KS has a pretty old receiver compared the Ublox I use, so that even the reaction to the ionosphere is likely to be different.  So, I thought I'd experiment with some runs with both GPSDOs in holdover to see if that would even the score, so to speak.  Of course then I have the temperature variable, so it's never going to be perfect.
Anyway, thanks for the help.  If I get anything that seems useful out of this, I'll post links to the data.
Bob