[time-nuts] Measuring coax temperature coefficient with a TICC

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Apr 19 15:35:33 UTC 2017

Hi

One of the easiest ways to get a slow ramp it to toss the foam box full of cable out the back door.
Assuming it stays in the shade, you can often get a pretty good 24 hour temperature cycle. You
still need to monitor things to know what the ramp is. Generally it’s slow enough that you can be
pretty sure everything is isothermal during the test. Yes, there are some practical issues with
doing it this way (thunderstorms, cables to hook it up, bugs, alligators ….)

Bob