[time-nuts] Frequency counter questions

Jerry Hancock jerry at hanler.com
Tue Apr 25 18:41:30 UTC 2017

So the STM App note An-4776 teaches how to use an external clock and it looks pretty accurate in implementation.  I’ve read thru the code and it looks easy to implement.  Now I just need to bring another signal in and count it.  I’ll be working on some code this afternoon to implement the method.

I also found a 5335 for cheap and ordered it.  It was listed on eBay as being in “excellent” condition though both pictures had all the lights lit so I can only assume it is stuck in power on reset or test.  I’ll see when it gets here.

As far as measurement techniques, if I use my scope and sync to a known signal using the trigger on my 3336, it looks like I can measure to .001hz pretty reliably.  So using the STM application, the 5335 and the scope + 3336, I should be off and running.

I’ll report back in a few days.

Jerry