[time-nuts] Three-cornered hat on timelab?

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Sat Apr 29 14:35:44 UTC 2017

Hi Magnus,
OK, a couple of things about my location.  I'm in West Houston, and it's not summer yet, so there's a lot of variation in temperature from day to day.  Some nights it's in the 40sF and some nights it's in the high 70s or low 80sF.  Lots of variation in the days, as well.  My antenna is not optimal, at all.  The best I could do was to remove the dish from an unused DishTV antenna and install my GPS antenna on top of the little mast they use.  It's about the best I can do.  In fact, it's better than I expected.
The receiver is a LEA-6T that was put through a 24 hour survey and the position was saved in flash memory.  However, there have been lots of power cycles since that survey.  Whether or not that affects the result, I don't know.

Still, the point of the test was to understand why I'm not getting these large phase swings.  And I think Bob Camp's explanation was good.  Maybe in another 5 years the sunspots will be back up and I can see the comparison to now. Bob