[time-nuts] Thunderbolt question

Chris Waldrup kd4pbj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 05:13:11 UTC 2017

Couldn't wait till morning on this as it was on my mind this evening. I unplugged the Thunderbolt from the wall and plugged it back in.  Immediately the frequency counter attached went from 9.9999..... to zero then when it was powered back up went to the other side of 10 MHz at 10.000.... and "Disciplining" came up on the control program. I measured the voltage on the coax and it was 0.5V.
So no voltage out to antenna. I do have one of those 6V max polyphasers but we did get some really close strikes recently.
I've had to change the Oncore UT Plus receiver board once in my Datum Starloc II and it was easy. Hope this is a similar Motorola Oncore. I'll open it up tomorrow and see.   I need to find a better source of the Oncore UT Plus modules rather than waiting for the Chinese slow boat.

Chris

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 10:21 PM, Chris Waldrup <kd4pbj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you Didier.
> I'll check tomorrow for further issues.
>
> Chris
>
>> On Aug 3, 2017, at 10:05 PM, Didier Juges <shalimr9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> "If the Thunderbolt loses satellites, does it still put out a 10 Mhz
>> signal?"
>>
>> Yes of course. When that happens, the Thunderbolt is said to be in holdover.
>>
>>> On Aug 3, 2017 9:29 PM, "Chris Waldrup" <kd4pbj at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just noticed the laptop that is always connected to my Thunderbolt had a
>>> yellow block under COM1 on the Tboltmon program where it normally is green.
>>> Also the date up on the screen was in early July. Satellites were still
>>> shown.
>>> The counter I leave connected still shows a 10 Mhz output.
>>> I reset the program and this time all fields are ??? and com not detected.
>>> I had thought maybe the laptop hung up.
>>> I'll look at my system tomorrow. I'm trying to do a divide and conquer. If
>>> the Thunderbolt loses satellites, does it still put out a 10 Mhz signal?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>> KD4PBJ