[time-nuts] Ships fooled in GPS spoofing attack suggest Russian cyberweapon

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Aug 14 16:17:36 UTC 2017

Hi

The big(er) deal with some systems is that they offer encrypted services. If you happen to have
access to the crypto version, that’s going to help you. As long as you are using “public” (and thus
fully documented) modes … not a lot of difference. The same info that lets anybody design a
receiver lets people design a spoofing system.

Bob