[time-nuts] Special connector for Symmetricom X72 rubidium standard

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 15 15:28:29 UTC 2017

Symmetricom sold some interface boards for the X72.   They are 0.32-ish inch thick PCB's  with a dual sided edge tab pattern on them.   The PCB edge tab will insert into the connector on the X72.  The interface board for my X72's only breaks out 12 pins...  a lot of Ebay X72's come with that 12 pin connector board...  I think that they were pulls from some piece of equipment.   My X72's only had 250 hours on them.

I have been thinking about laying out an X72 interface board that has the edge tab broken out to a standard 26 pin 0.1" pattern,  a RS-232 inteface, BNC's for the 10 MHz, ACMOS output,  1PPS in,  1PPS output, etc.  The board would also have a way to connect it to the SA22.

Lady Heather now talks to X72's (and probably X99's and SA22's).   I have implemented a disciplining algorithm for use with X72s that have the older firmware that does not do disciplining... like probably 99% of the X72's out there.  Symmetricom's code only seems to keep the 1PPS aligned with 300 ns.  My code attempts to keep it within 100 ns.