[time-nuts] How well does GPS work in the Arcitic?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 19:39:43 UTC 2017

I have been watching the thread and there is no reason for GPS not to work
at the poles.
Granted there can be solar events that upset it with things like severe
multi-path but in general if the skies not glowing its most likely just
fine. Also I believe the sats are somewhat low in the sky.
Skips comment makes sense on the 90 degrees. I can see how that math would
get tricky and its a general use-case that most likely someone said so
what....
 On the north pole in an aircraft you would most likely rarely ever be
exactly at that point and in a plane it would not be all that long.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL