[time-nuts] Special connector for Symmetricom X72 rubidium standard

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Aug 23 11:46:17 UTC 2017

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 14:56:20 +0000
Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com> wrote:

> RDR Electronics has SA22's for not much more than the X72.
> The problem with SA22's is the connector.  It is a dual row 18 pin
> connector with 2mm pitch.

At least you can get 2mm header pins quite easily. But yes, I have the
same problem. I have an SA22 sitting on my desk that waits for
an adapter board.

>  It is on the bottom of the box where you want
> to mount the heatsink.   Not sure how one would mount it so that the full
> surface is on the heatsink.   It looks like they use a mating SMD PCB
> mounted connector.

In one of the documentation, they specified a few ways how to
mount it on a heatsink. They all boil down to having the heatsink
only in the back part and the adapter PCB in the front part.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.