[time-nuts] TrueTime XL-AK Questions

al wolfe alw.k9si at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 18:06:14 UTC 2017

Dick,
    I have had a couple of the XL-AK receivers here for several years.
They both do not have the down converter option and do put out 5 volts
to the antenna jack. It is simple to measure with a volt meter into
the antenna jack.

    While they kind of worked with a hockey-puck antenna, they are
much happier with a bullet type of amplified antenna. They would loose
satellite lock from time to time with the hockey-puck but are rock
steady with the bullet.

    If the antenna is open or shorted you will get an alarm. Manual is on line.

    IIRC, using the down-converter option for long feedlines was
paired with an up- converter in the  receiver. If you have the
up-converter in your receiver you may be able to just bypass it.

Al