[time-nuts] Performance verification for time counters

Leo Bodnar leo at leobodnar.com
Fri Dec 1 21:10:55 UTC 2017

Poul-Henning, Magnus, et al. thanks for your suggestions - they were not in vain.

As promised, I started setting up dual asynchronous sources experiment and performed a quick sanity check.
What I have [unsurprisingly] found is that at this level controlled environment is a problem in itself.
For example, undoing input signal SMA connector by one turn shifted my results by around 3.5ps - close to expected figure but still inconvenient.
I'll have to plan the setup before I build and validate it, otherwise the results are not trustworthy.

I hope this message makes it to the list - my previous one didn't.  I am staying off the list for now.

Thanks
Leo

P.S. I do know about torque wrenches.