[time-nuts] General Radio Model 723D Precision Oscillator (Tuning Fork)

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 16:37:24 UTC 2017

Well we are kicking butt on 723 oscillators. I have the 1000 hz model and
found it at the MIT flea about June.
Bad rectifier section. Cap was good though I carefully reformed it. Have to
say what attracted me was the case and then the realization of what it was.
It works very well so now I can make sure my cesium is on frequency.
There is a schematic online but its a picture actually in the wood case. I
copied that as I could find no real details.
I do have the genrad article.
The actual internals are hot. Be careful. It uses an output transformer as
the only isolation.
It makes sense actually. It keeps the 60 Hz magnetics out of the oscillator.
I thought my tube might be bad as it didn't glow. But its a 1.5 V filament
ohm'ed it out and it was fine.
Lastly I have a hacked power cable. I was going to buy the right plug. But
it actually is a bit unclear. It should be the cenetr ground and they are
around $15 each. Its not the cost. The 3 I see are sort of unclear that
they match my socket.
I swear I actually have one. Some place here.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL