[time-nuts] Did anyone grab an extra Novatel GPS?

J. Grizzard elfchief-timenuts at lupine.org
Tue Dec 12 19:05:36 UTC 2017

A couple months back, Gregory posted a heads-up that there were some
pretty cheap Novatel dual-frequency GPSses on eBay (thanks, btw!). I
managed to get one of these ('make an offer' for $450) and ... it's
actually pretty nice. Not only a decent GPS, and dual-frequency, but the
included antenna is one of the standard antennas that has a formal
calibration done for it, and thus has accurate ATX files available
(which is awesome for doing PPP post-processing).

In fact, they're nice enough that I really wish I'd gotten more than
one. Sadly, the lot from the seller sold out before I was able to
actually do much with the unit I bought, so I can't get more that way. :(

So I thought I'd ask here -- did anyone grab extras of these that they
don't necessarily want, that they'd be willing to send my way for a
similar price? I'd love to be able to get at least one more of these.
It's a long shot, but can't hurt to ask, right?

Related: I'm working on a breakout board for the actual GPS board (not
the whole SPAN-CPT, but the smaller GPS board inside) to make it easier
to get at the serial, USB, and ethernet (yay!) functionality of the
board. I'll post here once I actually have something that works.

-j