[time-nuts] Simple open source microcontroller solution to tune DDS needed

Jerry Hancock jerry at hanler.com
Wed Dec 13 20:25:33 UTC 2017

I was using PIC chips to talk to AD9854 and 9851 and switched to the low cost Arduino boards as they are so much easier to program and have so much accessible I/O and adapter boards.  I know there is a lot of code out there for AD chips as it could be a little tricky to clock the bits out to the various registers.  The nice thing about the Arduino boards is that they have built in serial so whatever you write can be easily converted to USB control for both error logging and setting of parameters.  There are ethernet shields, wireless, etc.  There are a lot of AD9854 codes out there that can probably be used as a foundation for the AD9836.