[time-nuts] Test WWV timecube against Cesium, Rubidium, MASER or other precision time (UT-1) metrology

Bill Byrom time at radio.sent.com
Fri Dec 15 00:33:30 UTC 2017

Here is a project which mixed the Time Kube IF output back to 10 MHz for
use as a frequency (not time) standard:http://schematicsforfree.com/archive/file/Oscillators%20and%20Generators/Misc/10Mhz%20Frequency%20Standard%20Using%20Wwv.pdf
I believe that the Time Kube uses a 3-transistor mixer / 455 kHz IF
amplifier signal chain, followed by an IC audio amplifier. I would think
that the signal delay inside the receiver from antenna to audio output
would be a couple of hundred microseconds, much less than one cycle of
the demodulated audio “tick”.--
Bill Byrom N5BB