[time-nuts] European Electronics Systems Radio Clock Model 100

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Fri Dec 15 10:59:53 UTC 2017

Hi Steve,

The name EES, or European Electronics Services Ltd, has been used more than
 once, latest registration appears to be only about a year ago, and might
well  have been used at one time by Siemens, but I think the company you're
looking  for is, or was, EES Technology Ltd.

This eventually became Time and Frequency Solutions in Witham who were
taken over a year or so ago by Brandywine Communications in the US. I'm still
pretty sure that Radiocode clocks were also part of the earlier mix but
can't  confirm that right now.

If checking Companies House records take a look at the filing history  of
Time and Frequency Solutions here, especially early name changes.....

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02627556

I've never used my model 100s, not quite sure why just never got round  to
it, but they seem to have started out as straight MSF receivers, some of
which at least were sold to the MOD as transportable units in wooden carrying
cases with mains PSU and battery back up, and the update of these to GPS
seems  to have been carried out some time later.
The mod included the addition of a separately packaged diecast  box with a
GPS antenna on top, and containing a Motorola Oncore GPS  module on an
interface board. I've just checked an antenna unit and it  turns out the Oncore
module is a UT+, which is a bit more recent than  expected:-)

I don't know if the GPS interface provides a stand alone 60KHz signal to
the EES 100 or whether that was also modified, although I suspect the latter,
 and don't know either if the "updated" ES100s could also still operate as
an off air MSF, which may be one reason why I've not used them.

Are yours the GPS version or originals?

Nigel GM8PZR

In a message dated 14/12/2017 12:47:27 GMT Standard Time, steve at g8ebm.com