[time-nuts] On the IETF leap-seconds.list SHA1

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Wed Dec 20 13:53:35 UTC 2017

Anders Wallin wrote:
> Thanks,
> I added the IANA URL to my list, and sent them an e-mail.
> I can't seem to reach the nist ftp-server - does it work for anyone?

Please note the global address time.nist.gov is resolved to a number of
public servers in a round-robin sequence. Some of the servers may not be
reachable due to a high load, and others might resolve to IPv6 addresses
and thus can only be reached if there is a direct IPv6 or IPv6-over-IPv4
tunnel to the internet.

According to an email from Judah Levine (NIST) the current version of
the leap second file is available via anonymous FTP from all public NIST
NTP servers. A list of these servers and the status of each server is
available at
http://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi

which is linked to from
http://tf.nist.gov/

See also the PDF I mentioned in the email I just sent a minute ago.

Martin