[time-nuts] TAPR "PulsePuppy" Pot Selection

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 08:57:07 UTC 2017

Can you specify what pot you have used? I am using some for my TCXO boards
and am not quite happy with the settability or mechanical stability.
resulting in noise and higher Allan Deviation.

A low noise regulator driving it also helped.

I subscribe to the opinion to not use any extra resistors. When the pot is
used as a voltage divider, theoretically it should have the same TC
throughout, so temperature effects should not affect the divide ratio or
the output. Only the input impedance of the control voltage input to the
oscillator relative to the effective resistance of the pot will provide
some effect with temperature.

Mark