[time-nuts] Power Problems Lucent KS-24361, L101 & L102

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Feb 5 15:53:44 UTC 2017

Hi

The power “brick” is a pretty standard Lucent part. The show up from time to time
on the surplus market. The gotcha is that you may be able to buy a KS box for less
than the asking price for the power brick.

There are no schematics on these devices other than what some people have traced
out here and there. The input to the power brick is simple enough that it’s probably
worth simply tracing out on the board. That will involve pulling the board completely
out of the chassis (which is a pain). Once it’s out, some quick ohm meter checks between
the power inputs and the labeled pins on the power converter will give you a pretty
good idea of what goes where. There *might* be a pc board mounted fuse on there
somewhere ….

Bob