[time-nuts] Dropbox is cool, but...

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Mon Feb 6 01:19:04 UTC 2017

On 05-Feb-17 16:42, Didier Juges wrote:

> Yes, I noticed that before.
> I have a number of tools that don't like running off a Dropbox folder,
> including several software development tools for starter. Too many files
> opened at the same time.
> Don't assume that because it looks like a normal folder, it works like one,
> even though for many things, it does work remarkably well.

	<snippage>

	In the interest of presenting alternatives -- I dumped Dropbox a while
back, due to their increasingly invasive 'privacy' policies.

	A good alternative for me has been Sync: https://www.sync.com/

	Their 'Free' package includes 5GB -- More than I would ever possibly
use for an online sharing account. ;-)

	Keep the peace(es).

--
---