[time-nuts] Optimal oscillator topology for diffrent frequency range

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Feb 6 12:13:20 UTC 2017

I would say the 2 stage "Driscoll" oscillator is the
way to go.  I have had good luck with it up to 100 MHz.
The first stage has the crystal in series with the
emitter, but is otherwise a grounded emitter stage.
The second stage is in cascode as a grounded base.
The important operating condition is that only
the second stage limits.  First publications on
it were in the early 1970's (search Michael Driscoll).

Rick Karlquist N6RK