[time-nuts] Neoprene rubber drops GPS multipath signals to zero

MLewis mlewis000 at rogers.com
Sat Feb 11 22:51:30 UTC 2017

Interesting.
My guess wasn't a material made for RF but a carbon added to give a
decent black colour.

"It is not inconceiveable that off-spec or scrap materials from the
production might end up as mousemats."  and "stealth material".
Very interesting.
At an airshow many years ago, these mouse pads were a promotional
give-away by the Department of National Defence in Canada...

I'm now seeing some multipath signals sneak through, usually in the
single digital strength but for brief moments as high as 15 dBs. Coming
from elevation 5 to 10 degrees, between azimuth 300 to 330 and also
azimuth 30 and 60. I'm suspecting the office tower at 135 that sticks up
above the bank of buildings. I'll have to add a 1" strip up to 3" high
in LOS to that building to see what that does.
The other multipath signals remain at 0.0.

Michael