[time-nuts] Vintage Frequency Measurement

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 01:31:46 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Mike Naruta AA8K <aa8k at comcast.net> wrote:

> Did you see the photos that I uploaded to Mods.DK?  I like that variable
> capacitor used for calibration.  Simple, but effective.

I hit the view limit... "You have view 2 pictures today, and can view 0
more pictures day."

The link for the phots is:
http://www.mods.dk/picture.php?brandid=1&model=lampkin_laboratories_/_105-b

The cal capacitor is an absolute jem. Mike's Img is attached.

I would imagine you would need a decently sized pad of paper to keep track
of all the details when measuring an unknown signal.

Just, zero-beat the 50th harmonic of the VFO -- as you do. When measuring
on the low end of the frequency scale its Mth harmonic of the DUT against
the Nth harmonic of the VFO... Plus tempCo.

Were there slide rules, pinwheels, or alternate to make frequencies
measurements a little easier?