[time-nuts] ``direct'' RS-232 vs. RS-232 via USB vs. PPS decoding cards

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 06:56:07 UTC 2017

The desktop PCs can each be configured with as many reference clocks
as you like.   That is independent of how many stratum 1 NTP servers a
company needs to operate.    Maybe you are running some stratum 2
servers on your routers and using more from the Internet.    All these
choices are independent of each other.

If you are serving Windows PCs then, I think those are all running
SNTP and then use just one NTP server

For most companies there really is no need to even have a GPS
receiver.  Being within 10  milliseconds is just fine so pool servers
will do.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California