[time-nuts] Have done some more cutting on the Cs beam tube

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Feb 19 08:00:01 UTC 2017

--------
In message <CA+oSWyWkj+LeZf_eo424yD-ShZPzeC8Lp6wnX+dsGvW8o+fxpA at mail.gmail.com>
, Skip Withrow writes:

>You can also see another coil around the beam path, I take it this is
>the C-field coil.  A think the coil around the bottom of the shield is the
>degaussing coil.  The four wires that you see are the connections for these
>two coils.

I would suspect it is the other way around.

The very carefully laid out and mechanically fixed coil is for the
C-field, which should be uniform over the entire microwave field
and orthogonal to beam-path.

The small coil, somewhat haphazardly would in the middle of the
physics package, with a field parallel to the beam-path is much
more likely to be the degaussing coil.