[time-nuts] TICC plots

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 00:02:47 UTC 2017

Yes, that is the board in the unit.   It is boxed up by BG7TBL and sold on Ebay.  It uses the highest spec ATDC version of the Star-4 with the highest spec 8663 DOCXO.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10Mhz-GPSDO-OSCILLOQUARTZ-OSA-OEM-GPS-GPSDO-10MHz-1PPS-STAR-GPS-Clock-/262675973538?hash=item3d28b545a2:g:sbYAAOSwh2xYAjrp

Earlier versions brought out the Ublox receiver to the RS-232 connector.   He now brings out the "management interface" so that Lady Heather can control and configure the device.  I mod'd mine to bring out the management interface.  There is also a software compatible NEC GPSDO (115200 baud).  Both boards came out of WiMax systems in Japan.

So far I am rather impressed with it.   The pk-pk jitter span on the 1PPS output is around 1/2 to 1/3 the Tbolts.  Preliminary tests of ADEVS on the 1PPS seem to be around 50% lower.

I don't like the software interface.  It is polled (like SCPI receivers) and getting consecutive time stamps is problematic.  Heather does a lot of foo to patch them up.   The NEC unit does not have the issue, probably due due to its higher baud rate.

BTW, ignore the adev data in that TICC plot.  It is bogus.  That message was meant for John Miles (not the list) to show the labeling of the ADEV plots... he had suggested that adev plot labels would be a good idea...  he's usually right.

I have not heard that product mentioned before.  Are you referring to this
Oscilloquartz product?

http://www.oscilloquartz.com/files/1363163133-da_Star4.pdf